Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 66 ~

As a general rule, Seeing Eye puppies in training and Seeing Eye Dogs are not permitted to have human food. Since most dogs are food oriented; and should they became accustomed to having table scraps, this could lead to potential problems such as a blind individual having their food taken by the dog. I do adhere to this rule, and have actually applied it to all of my dogs; those in training and my family pets. As a result, there is little to no begging for food in my house, making meal times pleasant.

B and I arranged several vacation days in which we planned to refurbish our old shed. All was going according to plan: we were going to put the finishing touches on it today and call the project completed….…then the rains came.

Plans were changed and as my Mom likes to say, “idle hands are the devil’s best friend”. I went out and purchased small ice cream cones in celebration of my birthday.

Shhh, don’t tell ‘cause I’m thinking “Yellow Girl” could be hooked on this sweet creamy treat.
    

No comments: