Sunday, September 16, 2007

Humans: An Easily Trainable Species

I’m back again, did you miss me? Now that I’m thoroughly familiar with the surroundings of my foster home, I’m starting to learn more about my human benefactors. I think if I were a human, I would major in research, as I enjoy conducting little experiments. My, how trainable humans are! You see, by reacting with certain stimuli in the home environment, I can get them to make predictable sounds (sort of a Pavlovian concept in reverse)! I’m not sure what they mean yet, but the one pronounced “No!” is delivered with a sharp tone, as if someone had just pulled their tail (I‘m sure it must be bunched up in those fancy leg cover things they wear). The other one has a softer,more pleasant multi word affectation: “Good Girl.” I think that one means--go ahead, try something new and let’s see what happens.

With that in mind, here are some of the stimuli and their corresponding reactions. I guarantee they will produce those same sounds every time I chew, bite, drink or otherwise interact with the objects pictured.

No!
Good Girl!





No!
Good Girl!



No!
Ok, probably also no!


NO!
Good Girl!

Fellow Canines, try this with your own family; its amazing! Now if only we can get them to bring the food bowl on command, we’ll be all set!

No comments: